Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lady in the Water (Brodie)

I really liked this movie too. I saw it for the first time about a month ago. It was a movie for big kids--adults who are childish enough to suspend their disbelief and jump in with both feet. That was a quality I loved about the film. Many times, far-fetched movies show the characters trying to convince themselves that these bizarre things are actually happening. They have moments of "I must be losing my mind" or other characters questioning their sanity. This movie was void of all of that, and I loved it. It was a fable and everyone seemed to except that it was. I think "cute" is a great word for it. It was a delightful story that was also meaningful--just as a kid's bedtime story should be. For those adults who want to curl up and hear a story reminiscent of what was read to them years ago--this is your movie. For those of you who want to be riveted by dialogue and awed by a revelation of human struggle; well, just hush up and go someplace else... the rest of us are trying to enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment