Saturday, July 11, 2009

Transformers 2 (Charlie)

I dont care what people say about it, I loved it!

I was not looking for a huge plot with lots of twists and turns. I wanted to see Robots blowing each other up and that's I what I got. I mean, it's a movie based from an action figure. This is not going to be the Godfather or Sound of Music. It was better then Terminator.

So I liked it! I will call it a guilty pleasure.

I did not think the jokes were as funny as the first one. The mother getting high was a little stupid and was one of my few complaints of the movie. I love Julie White and I felt like that bit was below her.

Now to me violence is a very fine line in movies. I am an action junky, so I can take a lot. But I do see when it is too much and needless. Transformer did not bother me. Maybe after seeing Terminator where no one dies I was looking for a menacing villain.

I was flipping through the channels the other day and Independence Day was on. Now the Aliens in that wipe out a good portion of our population. By the end of the movie I wanted to jump in a jet and take them on. This would be bad because I don't know how to fly a plane. I think the way the Decepticons were attacking those people made me want to go to Egypt and fight some two-story tall robots around the pyramids.... and I also really want to see the pyramids.

For me violence only works if it gets some kind of emotion out of me. Anger, Sadness, Excitement... ID4 and Transformers made me mad. Saving Private Ryan mad me angry and sad. Really any WW2 movie make me angry and sad. Iron Man got me excited (and I don't mean naughty excited). Movies like Terminator or Shoot 'Em Up just did nothing for me. If you have not seen Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owen, don't... I am still mad at the guy who told me to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. [I hated Transformers. I left 10 minutes before the end because I had another movie to catch someplace else.]

    so you missed the robot heaven scene? and megan fox's f-bomb? and flying optimus? those were the BEST PARTS!!!!

    ReplyDelete