Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Harry Potter (Sex) the half erect prince {David}

- preface this entire document.

I will spoil this movie in the following graphs.

I've been a big fan of the Potta' movies, have never read any of the books.

So with trepidation I begin my dissection.

Enjoyed the growing up before our eyes cast choices- and the fact that they are now starting to intermingle with the opposite sexes making for cute moments and funny set pieces related to hormonal teens getting a hold of some serious magic. Weasley (Rupert Grint aka opi cunningham) ingesting the love potion mistakenly secondary to mumps measles and Rubella's (Romilda Vane played by cutie-pie Anna Shaffer) sending Harry some treats, and all that follows is fun. The little interchange between Hermione (Emma "awkward" Watson) and Ron (weasley) and Potter doing the whole goalie manipulation either by direct magic or false courage.

As usual the whole unraveling of clues and mystery and the onion that is each movie was satisfactory although I grow tired of some of the elements. Mostly because I really felt the entire time I knew where it was going, I guess my slight and I say slight delight is that Drako Malfoy's (tom felton who looks like a cross between home alone and children of the corn) target was Dumbledorf and not the Chosen One- Radcliffe's Potter. This was at least a decent reveal. Really though- as soon as Severus Snape makes the unbreakable bond it foreshadowed this whole situation. SO the whole time I spent waiting for Drako to either kill Potter or Dumbledorf and know that snape would have to buck up and do it. The brief meeting between snape and dumbledorf and the fact that seventeen times dumbledore repeats "harry you must do as I ask of you" left me figuring out something was going to happen to (par for the course great Michael Gambon's) Albus Dumbledore.

Harry sits useless- as I sat anticipating something good, And then magically nothing. Snape is a good guy and I cannot believe that one of the main characters is dead.

Minimal battle scenes, no climactic battle scene, Nothing I haven't seen before. The power of the Whore Crust? Hans Guberman= Snape = Die Hard Death fall off building scene = someone's similar scene= fart sounds- the air is let out of this movie that somehow should have been combined with another movie- someone just took 10 dollars.

The world is cool the magic is cool the little effects really bring the awesomeness of Hogwarts to life. But a giant shit for farts anticlimatic ending ruined it for me so much more cool stuff in the others, I guess you can give some credit that at least one movie did not end with a battle with Voldemort or Tom Riddle.

If I had to score it on my scoring sheet.


A. 17/20
B. 10/20
C. 13/20
D. 10/20
E. 5/20
total: 55/100

Potter you flunked- that somber tone in the theatre after the film was a collective grasp of WTF that's it?

1 comment:

  1. First, where is the key for your scoring sheet?

    Second, I liked your review. It was practically impossible for me to assess the movie on its predictability since I already knew and know what's going to happen. I agree, based on what you said, that it could have done a much better job maintaining suspense.

    I (and Chuck and Krista) got the feeling that this movie was made for people who read the books. In which case, a surprise ending wasn't necessarily the goal. However, that does degrade the quality of the movie--which according the to first half of your review, you seemed to like.

    Flunked? Gonna have to know how you score.

    ReplyDelete