Sunday, July 12, 2009

Transformers 2 (Brodie)

Brace yourself. I'm going in...

I hated Transformers. I left 10 minutes before the end because I had another movie to catch someplace else. I thought Transformers was a display of everything that's wrong with Hollywood.

The characters that we already knew and loved got stupid, boring, unfunny, and we had little idea of their motivations. Every character was annoying, and I just wanted them to shut the hell up. The jokes and dialogue which were interesting and engaging in the first movie, now seemed like they came straight from boys' junior high locker rooms.

The portrayal of all women as always wanting sex was... um, offensive. Even Sam's mother fit into that category. The female transformers didn't seem too bad but hard to know since the second they spoke, they were killed.

The violence didn't get me to emote at all. It was senseless and displayed in a way that we didn't even associate with the humans that were dying--the submarine, Shanghai, the aircraft carrier. Iron Man, I loved. ID4 was highly entertaining. Shoot 'Em Up was trying to be ironic, but dropped the ball and left me flat and confused. I didn't care about the good guys or the bad guys enough in Transformers. Although, I do agree that the Decepticons were more scary than the Terminators by far.

Now, I understand wanting to see robots beat each other up, rip each other's faces off... that's good entertainment (no joke). However, 2 hours and 45 minutes of it? Really? Close to 3 hours of robot fights?!

Ugh. I remember staring enviously at a man walking out after an hour. I should have just followed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment