Friday, July 10, 2009

Terminator 4 (Brodie)

I completely agree. T4 left me flat. The first two (let's keep the third out of this) were great because the good guys and the bad guys were so badass. The bad guy was unstoppable but we had faith that somehow the good guys would prevail--without the cheesy and predictable discussions of the power of the human heart (vomit).

These terminators, as you said, weren't scary, and John Connor was about as whiny, weak, and unsure of himself as the pubescent Eddie Furlong of T2. If the previous three ok, I'll bring 3 in for now) told us anything, it was that John Connor is the best and baddest leader of the resistance. Big disappointment there.

I loved seeing the early models of the T-1000. Although, I feel like John's reaction to having to kill the closest thing he's ever had to a father should have been, at least in some minor way, well... a reaction.

Why would anyone want their movie to look like the Matrix sequels by having an architect reveal scene? And it was a little embarassing to watch computers communicate orally. Do T4's writers still use typewriters and pens? 'Cause we, the audience, know better than that.

Overall, it was somewhat entertaining, and I might watch it again if I catch it on TV. If Hollywood wants to mess with established franchises with strong fan bases, they need to put in the effort... well, at least if they want my very important approval. (Yes, yes, I know that they're just trying to make money and don't give a crap. Well... I have a blog! So there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment