Friday, January 8, 2010

Avatar (Charlie)

Saw it and also loved it. I was worried about all the hype and that it would not be as good as everyone was saying. Well it went above and beyond. If you have not seen this movie yet make sure to see it on the big screen and in 3D.

I enjoyed the cast and their Avatar look a likes. One of my favorites is a Native American actor Wes Studi (Last of the Mohicans, Heat) and as soon as his CG character walked on the screen I knew who was doing his voice before he spoke. All the CG characters have facial features of their actors.

One thing I would like to have seen with this movie is more about the Na'vi (I think I spelled that right) and less with the battles. This coming from an action junky. I would have been happy sitting through a 3 hour drama about the Na'vi and no violence. Much of the movie (and some of my favorite parts) felt like i was watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel.

This is a beautiful movie. The landscape and CG was amazing to watch. Combined with a lot of actors that I really enjoy (Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Wes Studi and Giovanni Ribisi) made this movie well worth what I paid for the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment